Monday, January 19, 2009

Wheel of change moves when u try ...

I always believe, be the change you want to see, at least try for it. Lately there have been few instances and I saw positive results.

I shifted my apartment few months ago. My new apartment was having poor signal of Vodafone,rather the signal played hide and seek. I literally had to use my cell as a fixed line phone because the signal was present at just one-two points.I contacted the Vodafone customer care on this issue.Customer care kept dilly-dallying,saying it was aware of the signal problem and kept giving assurances,but nothing improved. I decided to pursue it further. I got it in touch with the Nodal Officer of Karnataka circle.I stated clearly that once number portability becomes a reality, don't expect people to take this shit and for the current quality of service Vodafone could be taken to consumer court.Three months of mail exchanges and telephone conversations yielded result. Vodafone agreed to install a 'Signal Booster' at my apartment. My mobile is truly MOBILE now !!!!!

The Vodafone booster



In another instance, I had a bad experience with ICICIPru. I have a ULIP policy of ICICIPru. On my policy anniversary I made few changes in the policy. After the changes were effected, my policy went for a toss.My policy started showing half the units than I had before the anniversary.I took this matter to the customer care. It was a harrowing experience, I had to explain the issue to customer care executive in complete detail every time and with no result.I gave up on customer care, took up the matter with local branch. It also turned out to be just the elder brother of the customer care. I decided to take this to the highest level. I contacted the Executive VP, Customer Services with all the details and my long story with a question why should I not take the matter to IRDA and sue ICICIPru.It took 3 long months of mail exchanges and telephone calls to yield result. Finally the issue was corrected with effect from retrospective. ICICIPru also gave me a compensation as a goodwill gesture!!!!

I certainly believe at least one should try to be the change, results would definitely follow :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Aks said...

Great show Sandeep. We have quite a few things to learn from here in terms of getting aware of our consumer rights and the legal tools to support them. Equally important is the will shown by you in spite of harassment to fight for the consumer rights which strongly lacks in Indian customers. If we keep doing this, I am sure one day 3 months will come down to few days- the way it works in countries like USA.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Aur Batao said...

Its truly an achievement...

10:57 AM  
Blogger khusboo said...

bravo! i would say most of us do not fight for our rights, some do but yield too soon..a fizzy phenomenon... only a countable aware few like you display the determination and patience to take it until the righteous triumph.. truly admirable!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Anjana said...

wonderful achievement i must say.... really lots of determination is needed to fight like this continuously

6:02 PM  
Blogger sandeepmoonka said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:33 AM  
Blogger sandeepmoonka said...

I hope we can effect changes in our own possible way. That when one lives life and not just exist :)

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://flickr.com/photos/evaspics/262096958/

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a lot of time and determination and imagine what it is like for somebody who is a foreigner and doesn't speak the local language! People usually give up and are feeling bad about this. My Internet doesn't work since Thursday but I've been putting up calling the service people because they only speak Hindi/Marathi and I am still at a stage when I can't have a relaxed conversation in Hindi. But of course I am not giving me, after all, I paid for the whole year and my subscription ends in May... I admire your determination and the follow up you do!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines