Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A night in the life of an ATM guard...

Recently I happen to go to an ATM around 0200 hrs to withdraw some cash for an emergency. The guard at the ATM was dozing off, suddenly on hearing the noise of my vehicle he woke up and saluted me. I guess he wasnt expecting anyone at the ATM at that hour. He had to do his duty at least in front of a customer(just kidding), he pretended to be well awake and attentive.

I asked him before leaving the ATM that, dont people come at this hour? How does he manage to spent the night alone? Recently there was an article in the newspaper that few people tried breaking in an ATM machine to steal the cash. They had hurt the ATM guard badly. I asked does not that incident scare him?

The guard said that "life hain tho jina hi parega, kuch bhi ho duty tho karna hi pargea". I said keep up the attitude man. We then shared a smoke and I left for my place. I could not help but wonder,life teaches us so many things in a discreet way, its upto us to grab them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymousadmirer said...

The problem happens when the
" kuch bhi ho duty tho karna hi padega"
attitude changes to
"Chaltha hai, chalne do"
attitude

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines